GUIDELINES FOR MEETING ON ZOOM
Dear brothers and sisters，
The peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.
After observing our meetings on ZOOM for sometime, we have come out with some common rules of use to ensure a safe and smooth-running meeting on ZOOM. We ask brothers and sisters for your understanding and cooperation in following these guidelines in all church meetings:
As we meet in the name of Jesus, we want to know who we are fellowshipping with and we also want to see each other. Therefore,
- When you join a meeting, please use your actual name in Chinese or English. (name entered in ‘Your Name’ or ‘Screen name’). As soon as the host brethren recognises you, he/she will admit you into the meeting.
- While waiting in the ‘waiting room’, look out for any ‘chat’ message from the host brethren.
- If the host brethren advise you to re-join with your actual name, please do so with understanding. If you have any difficulty doing so, you may contact the host brethren or other participants separately
- During the meeting, always keep your microphone mute. Unmute it only when you are invited to speak. This is to keep the meeting from being disrupted by individual’s background sound or by concurrent speeches.
- During the meeting, always turn on your camera. If you need to take a short break, you may turn off the camera and turn it on again when you return.
- If the camera or microphone on your handphone or computer is not functioning, please let the host brethren know in advance.
- Please notify the pastoral team before inviting your friend to the meeting so that the friend will be admitted according to his/her name.
- Do not admit all participants automatically.
- Use the ‘Waiting Room’ facility and admit only expected participants who are identifiable;
- If you are not sure who the person is, advise him/her to re-join with actual name. Look out for phone call/message in case he/she contacts you directly.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of the pastoral team for clarification or assistance.
The Bible says, “But all things should be done decently and in order.” (1Cor 14:40 ESV)
“But all things should be done decently and in order.” (1Cor 14:40 ESV)
Do not let these guidelines deter you from meeting, but uphold them cheerfully out of love for one another so that the church may meet safely and orderly during the Circuit Breaker period. May the Lord bless our fellowship whenever we gathered in His name, even on ZOOM.
In His Name
Rev. Zheng Biqing